boba Fett

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Yanick Paquette gets WASTED!

The new issue of Wasted -WASTED #8- is just around the corner, set to be out this week on May 5th. One of the cool things about this issue is that it features a teeny tiny bit of art (an Easter egg!) by YANICK PAQUETTE of Batman Incorporated fame.

Yanick is a friend of mine who takes his convention apperances about as intensley seriously as I do...as evidenced by this photo of us from the last fall's Montreal Con.



At the Wizard con after a conversation about art 'assists' that are sometimes happen in this industry, I asked Yanick if -as a lark- he'd like to draw a bit on the Wasted pages I was working on at the time. He said yes, and after a few minutes he drew the fellow in the bottom right of this scan. It was only later when I got home did I see that he'd also drawn his mustache and goatee in the upper panel. That cracked me up, and still does!



I can honestly say this is the first time I've inked a professional penciller for D.C. comics, and it was VERY fun. I had to 'GQ' Yanick's pencils up a bit so it wasn't too jarring a style switch in the middle of the story, but you can still see lots of Yanick in there!

The final published page is gonna look like this.



It's out This Thursday in the U.K. Grab one when you see it!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment